Friday 16 November 2012

Review // Estee Lauder // Building the Foundations - Part one...






I confess, I am a little obsessed with foundation, I own 6, and each one I use for different occasions.  I don’t do this because I am insane, I do this because I genuinely believe that it is impossible to find one foundation for everything.  I am also a major cheerleader for primer and if you do not use primer then shame on you.

Since I put so much time into my own foundation routine I thought it only fair to share my thoughts on the products with you as they are some of the most popular foundations available.

As I have to many to get through, and long blog posts are not attractive, I am going to do each one separately, starting with my most loved and most used.

Estee Lauder // Double Wear in Bone 17

This is my every-day ‘work’ make up.  That may shock some people, as double wear is thought to be very heavy and bad to wear every day but I think that’s a myth, I have been using it as an every day foundation for 5 years now and I am yet to find any foundation that can beat it.  Double Wear is so durable and does not come off your face, I leave work and it is the same as when I arrived.  I use a very light colour called ‘Bone’ as I have very fair skin but the brand has such a large range of colours that you will never be stuck for one to match your skin tone.

Although it is pretty expensive, at £26.00 per bottle, it really does last a long time, you only need to use a tiny bit as it spreads well, one bottle usually lasts me roughly 3-4 months.

Double Wear is also quite a matte foundation, which I love, but there is the odd time I want more of a glow that I cannot get from highlighters, in this case I use Estee Lauder Spotlight Skin Tone Perfector.  This is not to be mistaken for a primer, it simply goes on before or after your foundation to add a little glow to it.  Perfect.

The only downside to double wear is I find that on nights out it reflects in photographs so I have a brown neck (from my tan) and a very white face.  It is for this reason that I don’t use it as my ‘going out’ make up, otherwise I would as it would be sure to stay on all night.

To sum up, I have been around in the foundation world and I ALWAYS come back to Double Wear.  If you have fair skin and hate when your foundation goes a little orange looking, Bone 17 is perfect, this will make you flawless.



No comments:

Post a Comment